Start date: April 15, 2015 - End date: June 15, 2015
Location Atlanta, GA
DealShield, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Automotive, Inc, is an industry-leading risk management solutions provider in the wholesale automotive marketplace.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile-based software applications as required to support the program goals at DealShield. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to work with little direct supervision on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the Senior Engineer must be willing and able to coordinate the work of junior staff and contract resources as well as lead the engineering team. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in an Agile team environment are keys to this position.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management and daily operations of the technology infrastructure. They are also tasked with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation and judicious use of technology. Technology architecture strength and operational rigor are capabilities needed to successfully execute this position.
The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced start up environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position. Strong experience in multiple Object Oriented programming languages, such as Ruby or Java, is a must.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
We seek a committed employee who works towards the success of the Team. Completing assignments in a timely manner and helping/leading other team members.
• Ability to standup prototype applications
• Adding new features to our auction software
• Work in a team environment applying both Agile methodologies SCRUM and Extreme Programming (XP)
• Ensuring our Agile team philosophy is followed and promoted, strong relationship building with the QA, BA, and Business Owners is central to this role
• Thrive to understand our industry to become a strong partner in the team, and a better consultant to our business owners
• Ability to lead the engineering team
• Ability to mentor more junior engineers as well as other team members in our QA roles
• Work with our Quality Assurance, Release Engineering, and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
• Assist in production support and on-call duty as needed
• Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
• Making process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
• Collaborating closely with and assisting Site Operation and Quality Assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
• Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
• Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
• Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years development experience in several Object Oriented languages like Java and Ruby
· 3+ years in managing software applications including web based
· 3+ years’ experience working in large scale high performance web environments
· Strong leadership qualities with a proven track record
· Strong data analysis and basic statistics skills
· Strong knowledge of web application frameworks and patterns (Rails, Struts, Spring, JSF, MVC)
· Experience writing SQL queries and strong knowledge of relational database structures
· Application build tools experience like Ant, Maven, and Rake
· Automated test designs
· Strong experience with repository tools – Git or Subversion preferred
· Experience using Application Servers
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
· User Interface (UI) development experience
· Exceptional problem solving skills
· Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
· Multithreaded application development
· SOA experience with strong familiarity with SOAP, REST, JMS..
· Familiarity with PostgreSQL
· Experience with one or more agile development methodologies, like SCRUM or XP
· Unix admin knowledge
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like Cruisecontrol, Hudson, or Jenkins
· Excellent code level unit testing skills