Start date: October 7, 2015 - End date: December 7, 2015
Title: User Interface Engineer, Orchestra Engineering
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Are you looking to get in the ground floor of an exciting project on a team that is on its way to build a billion dollar business? Are you someone that lives and dreams about user experience with a track record of strong execution and on time delivery? Do you love collaborating with your teammates to jointly develop solutions that delight our customers and defeat the competition? If so, the front end developer position on the Orchestra team might just be the position for you!
With the proliferation of tablets and mobile devices along with desktops, end users now demand greater flexibility in being productive from anywhere, anytime and from any device. The VMware End-User Computing (EUC) team has the charter to empower organizations deliver this modern computing experience for their end users, in a simplified, intuitive fashion, while enabling greater end user freedom and choice.
This will be a 1.0 product for our new generation of cloud based admin experience that will be used cross the multiple products. Working side by side with a strong UX team and with a high visibility project. Using cutting edge technology like AngularJs, HTML5, CSS3. We are the face of our business for organizations.
• Own the design, the implementation and the automated test for several Orchestra UI components
• Work closely with stake holders, product managers and other team members to clarify the requirement and draft detailed user stories for each of them.
• Design UI mockup and sharing them with internal and external team members
• Ensure code is written and systems are built in a secure and high quality manner
• Be flexible and involved in all aspects of software development
• Support internal and external customers
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team
• Work on a small team (4-10) engineers on a daily basis, using Agile engineering practices and continuous integration
• Work with engineers and architects to define long term plan for innovative user experience
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Good knowledge on Java, Object Oriented design
• Good knowledge on various web technology and technical trends
• Experience with UI infrastructure work
• Works well with UX designers
• Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to thrive in a team environment
• Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for your work
• Strong communication skills
• AngularJs experience is a big plus
• Good basic UX design sense (can tell a good design from a bad design, raise issues etc)
• Experience with other client side web technologies/frameworks (like, Backbone.js, jQuery, Bootstrap, Dojo, etc.)
• Experience dealing with cross browser issue
VMware End User Computing:
Do you want to work on some of the most exciting aspects of delivering applications to end user in real time and accessing applications and/or desktops from the cloud to any device (mobile or desktop)?
At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
At VMware, we see this broader trend of Business Mobility as having far-reaching implications for how mission critical applications are built, to how desktops are managed, to how entire industries build and re-build core business processes and operations.
Business Mobility is causing a fundamental shift in three key technology areas:
Apps – desktop, SaaS and mobile apps are forming a new portfolio of business critical apps; accessing these apps anywhere, anytime through any device is essential to business results
Infrastructure – the right infrastructure is essential to establish a new desktop architecture, for running key applications and for acting as the centrally managed data, files, security and preferences that can be delivered to a portfolio of devices
Networking – the future of networking is intelligent, dynamic and secure delivering the right resources based on the needs of the application
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their mission critical applications, building and managing the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to drive results only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
AirWatch is the global leader and innovator in enterprise-grade Mobile Security, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Email Management, and Mobile Content Management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
AirWatch empowers organizations across a wide variety of industries to deploy, secure, track and manage all of their mobile assets with advanced analytics and reporting. With AirWatch, corporate IT departments can streamline and automate the management and support of mobile devices; reduce the cost and effort of device deployments; and increase IT efficiencies and response times.
As the largest mobile device management provider, AirWatch offers the most comprehensive mobility management solution and delivers an integrated, real-time view of an entire fleet of corporate and employee-owned Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows devices.