Start date: February 5, 2016 - End date: January 1, 2020
Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM), an Oracle Social Cloud business solution, is the industry’s first unified social platform that delivers a seamless experience across listening, engagement, content creation, community management, paid media and the all-important analysis of a company’s social media efforts. By integrating two of Oracle’s powerful social products — Social Marketing (SM) and Social Engagement & Monitoring (SE&M) — Oracle delivers a unified, complete and integrated social business solution.
We seek engineers who take pride in the work, write beautiful code, deliver solid products and strive always for excellence. You have the chops? Join us! You will be helping us solve interesting problems in the social media, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. You will be responsible for leading teams that are developing interactive web applications and backend services used by Fortune 500 companies to leverage the power of social networks. You will participate in the design and coding of end-to-end applications including database models, application logic, and presentation layers. Our Technology stack includes Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and JQuery, to name a few technologies, but we’re looking for sharp individuals who are able to adapt the right technologies to solve business problems.
So would you like to…
Scale apps to handle over 1500 requests per minute?
Have your work be seen by hundreds of millions of people?
Use NoSQL in a production environment?
Do test driven development?
Spend your day engineering software instead of wasting time in meetings?
Have the freedom to use new technology?
So did we. That’s why we work at Oracle Social!
The Oracle Social Cloud Platform team provides our engineers with superior equipment including MacBook Pros and large monitors. All of our locations are stocked with great beverages and other amenities that vary by location (stocked kitchens, ping pong, foosball, billiards, lounge areas, etc.).
- Produce high-quality, standards-compliant code – 85% Coding
- Work with the Product Management Team and other non-development groups to engage consumers using social media
- Lead and coach other teammates
- Design and develop against a high availability SaaS platform
- Consume customer feedback and use it as guidance for for platform excellence.
- Proactively identify opportunities for platform improvements and innovations and help drive to execute them.
- Put passion on any problem and think outside the box when solving customer escalations, designing/implementing new features!
- A “can do” attitude, always willing to help his/her team succeed and deliver high quality, desirable applications.
Technologies we use daily
Mac OS X, Ruby on Rails, Facebook, Twitter, MySQL, Cloud Computing
Requirements & Experience
- Solid software development skills.
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience.
- One or more years developing in Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, PHP, or any “next gen” scripting language
- Proficiency at optimizing SQL queries (exposure to NoSQL is a plus)
- Experience with Mac OS X or another *NIX. We don’t do Windows.
- Write standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Strive for beautiful code
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- Bonus points if you’re good at playing old arcade games and ping pong!
- Social Media experience is a plus
Detailed Job Description:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.